Tuesday, February 24, 2015


It was finally time to get rid of that crooked teeth condition that had for a long time left me as an isolated child. Well I didn’t know what to expect but my desire to have normal teeth and also play, smile, and talk like my peers was really burning  deep inside me. 




My story was complicated, from the moment I developed my permanent teeth it occurred to me that they were losing their ideal position the more time ticked away. Initially my parents had thought that it was going to pass as I grew up but surprisingly it stayed with me through to my junior school. 


Having been patient enough my parents finally decided to see an ideal orthodontist to assist me with my open bite teeth condition. Ideally my doctor explored every possible cause of my teeth condition including addictive thumb sucking, trauma, underdeveloped jawbone, before finally settling on genetic causes. 


You see grandpa had suffered from the same while growing up, and while my dad couldn’t remember, my uncle John stepped in to save the day. So since I was coming from a family tree that had the possibility of crooked teeth syndrome my chances of suffering from the same were ideally viable. How sad but it was the truth and I was finally glad that something could be done to restore a “straighter smile” for me. 


With two different appointments Houston Orthodontics proved to be the missing link between me and that great smile that I had longed for throughout my childhood. Ideally my orthodontist held my hand throughout the process to the moment I chose my brackets. Well when I say brackets you could be lost. 


Usually there are different braces that the orthodontist will assist a patient to choose their favorite one from. In very ideal set ups such as Houston Orthodontics these braces usually include ceramic braces that are always made of clear and less obvious materials, in fact they are the closest braces to one’s natural teeth. 


Another type of braces is the brackets that are best attached to the back of the teeth, accompanied by holding wires that pull the teeth into ideal position and finally customized aligners that will fit guards over the teeth and gently pull your bite into new position. My choice was the brackets.


So when I finally chose my brackets, with a minor orthodontist procedure they were fit and it was game on for me. Six months the line and I couldn’t believe it, my smile was perfect.                            
Categories:

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information.
    Differences between Ceramic Braces & Invisalign

    ReplyDelete